Change is something that will definitely happen in life, including in the world of work. Technological advances, intense competition between human resources, economic conditions and various other factors are also driving changes in the world of work.
Changes will have various impacts, one of which is on the qualifications required for certain jobs. So, that we can remain competitive and relevant to the changes that occur, there is one task that must be carried out consistently. This means continuing to push yourself to upgrade your skills, at least learning the skills that will be needed in 2024.
Technology literate, have you ever heard of this term? An expression aimed at making every individual aware of technological developments. Especially nowadays, there is no job that doesn’t involve technology.
Therefore, it is important for us to equip ourselves with skills that support and will be needed in the future, such as programming, data analysis, digital marketing and information systems management.
How to start? There are many ways to learn it, take the Pre-Employment Training here for example .
Critical Thinking Ability
These abilities involve activities such as evaluation, analysis, and formulating solutions to complex problems. Well, there are several important aspects in it, such as:
- In-depth analysis of information/data as an initial foundation before determining further steps
- Evaluate evidence objectively so as to produce decisions based on relevant information & facts
- Critical thinking allows us to approach problems with a systematic approach. As a result, we can identify the root causes of problems, design effective solutions, and monitor their implementation
- Conflict resolution that will help us to identify the root cause, create a solution plan, and communicate the idea clearly to stakeholders
Creative and Innovative
Creativity and innovation are skills that must be possessed to remain relevant to change. Both allow us to create better solutions to existing problems and think visionarily. Following are some important aspects of creative and innovative abilities.
- Creativity involves the ability to think outside (conventional) boundaries and create new solutions
- Innovation is the ability to turn creative ideas into real solutions that provide added value. This includes developing new products, more efficient work processes, or new ways to meet customer needs
- The ability to innovate will make it quicker (and easier) for us to adapt to change. This includes being able to overcome challenges and seize opportunities that arise as a result of changes in the work environment
- Creativity often involves experiments that succeed or fail. Therefore, it requires the ability to accept failure as part of the learning process and make progress in the next attempt
- Be open to feedback such as listening to other people’s input. This is important to do so that we can continue to hone and improve the ideas we have
Skills that are always needed at all times. This ability involves verbal, written, and most recently digital communication activities. The more proficient we are with communication skills, the more impact it will have on both work and daily life.
Understanding of Artificial Intelligence and Automation
Artificial intelligence (AI) and automation continue to increase in their implementation in work. Therefore, we do not need to feel threatened by the presence of both of them. Instead we have to look for gaps in how we can learn and use them to support our work.
For example, by utilizing AI such as chatGPT for brainstorming friends who then reprocess the data according to needs.
Willing to Learn, Adaptive and Disciplined
In an ever-changing world, the ability to learn quickly and adapt to change will be invaluable. This is also in line with the value offered by Karier.mu Prakerja, lifelong learning as an acceleration of education.
Cross-disciplinary understanding will be an important skill. The ability to integrate knowledge from various fields will enable us to tackle complex problems.
Data Literacy and Digital Ethics
In the data era, data literacy is the ability to understand, analyze and describe data effectively. So it can help us to make logical decisions that have the potential to produce effective/efficient results.
In this regard, we also need to equip ourselves with digital ethics. Namely the ability to use technology wisely and understand its implications for privacy and security.
- Ritesh Sharma is a seasoned professional in the field of finance and career development, bringing a wealth of experience spanning over a decade. Holding a Master's degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Finance, Ritesh has carved a niche for himself in the realm of content writing. His expertise is predominantly in areas related to finance and career growth, where he has consistently demonstrated his ability to deliver insightful and valuable content. Over the years, Ritesh has established himself as a knowledgeable and reliable source, offering his readers practical advice and information that is both relevant and up-to-date. His dedication to his craft is evident in the quality and depth of his work, making him a respected figure in his field of expertise.
- 20 February 2024JobsNAFDAC Recruitment 2024 Application, Eligibility, How to Apply
- 19 February 2024JobsNigeria Custom Recruitment Application Form 2024
- 18 February 2024JobsDSS Recruitment Application Form 2024 dss.gov.ng
- 18 February 2024JobsDownload Federal Fire Service Shortlisted Candidates 2024 List and Training Dates and Details